5 Reasons to Go on a Retreat Instead of a Vacation
A retreat is different than a vacation. A retreat is an enriching getaway that provides a sanctuary to allow for a deeper physical and emotional withdrawal from the stresses and demands of everyday life. Have you ever felt that you needed a vacation to recover from your vacation? You’ll never feel that way after a retreat!
From delicious healthy food, healing therapies, classes, meditation, yoga, and hiking—retreats offer a healthy alternative to a regular vacation. Here are 5 reasons to consider taking a retreat in the coming year.
- Time to Reflect, Renew, and Restore. A retreat provides time for reconnection. It can bring back a sense of joy, purpose, and enthusiasm that gets trampled by everyday life. Vacations bring short-term improvements, but retreats are known to be more transformative in the long-term.
- Time Away From Home and Daily Routine. Retreats are intentionally set in serene, calm, and beautiful locations. They utilize beautiful surroundings to escape the stresses and demands of daily life. You can truly unwind and relax, allowing you to focus on what’s most important.
- A Focus on Health and Wellness. Retreats have a singular focus—your health and wellness. Your mind, body, and soul are nourished in this setting. Vacations can end up being more hectic than expected and you may become easily stressed by crowds and itineraries. Retreats help you to turn inward and get the results you yearn for the most.
- Unwind in Nature. Natural environments provide opportunities for stress recovery and physical activity. Proximity to nature helps you reconnect with the healing elements of nature that may be difficult to experience in your busy life. A beautiful walk or hike, an outdoor meditation, or a dip in a mineral pool can do more for you than you ever imagined.
- Unplug to Recharge. We are always multitasking in our daily lives. Email, text messages, social media, meetings, phone calls, deadlines, and interruptions can leave us feeling depleted, stressed, and scattered. A retreat allows you to truly unplug. Practicing mindfulness through meditation and yoga can revive you and help you handle those demands when you return to your daily routines.
All of these are reasons why we really need to consider a retreat from our busy lives. A retreat is a reset. It is healing. It is transformative. It can be life-changing.
If you’d like more information on my Vida Cleanse Retreats, click on the link.